Job / Volunteer Opportunities
Liquid Church is a creative Christian church with a compelling vision—SATUR8TE the State with the Gospel of Jesus Christ! With campuses in Morristown, New Brunswick, Nutley and Mountainside, over 3,000 people experience our services every weekend. As one of NJ’s fastest-growing Christian churches, we’re looking for leaders to help us in the adventure ahead.
If you're convinced you're the right person for a Job/Volunteer Opportunity listed below, fill out the application for employment online by clicking here -- or if you need to complete a paper application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the link below to jump to the description:
The Spanish Translation Administrator (STA) leads our church wide Spanish Translation ministry and supports a Spanish Translation Campus Leader (STCL) on each of our campuses. The STA has overall responsibility for ensuring all central and campus translation needs are met on a week to week basis and acts as a central point of contact for Spanish Translation at Liquid.
The STA is directed by the Service Systems Director (SSD). The STA is a volunteer staff role anticipated to be 10 to 12 hours a week.ONE SENTENCE JOB DESCRIPTION/BIG WIN
A systems oriented, relational leader with a heart for the Spanish-speaking community at Liquid who helps build Spanish Translation teams on our campuses and supports central Spanish Translation needs.
1. SPANISH TRANSLATION CENTRAL NEEDS
The STA serves as a focal point for Spanish Translation needs within Liquid. The STA works with Central Staff to identify and coordinate team members and potential outside vendors to address Spanish Translation needs for,
- Weekend translation – performing the weekend translation of the message document, message notes and other programming as needed (e.g. call out cards).
- Live message interpretation – interpreting the message live on Sunday morning at our broadcast campus, using the translated message outline as a guide.
- Document translation- coordinating the translation of other documentation as needed to support Spanish speaking guests; handouts, brochures, etc.
The STA works with Campus Coordinators to build Spanish Translation teams on each of our campuses. The spanish translation team at each campus is led by a Spanish Translation Campus Leader. This team performs live interpretation of the hosting remarks and 411 (everything except the message) and helps with greeting Spanish speaking guests. The STA helps train STCLs and team members on our systems (e.g. Liquid Connect).3. SPANISH TRANSLATION METRICS
The STA help ensure that STCLs report on metrics related to the Spanish Translation ministry (for instance, number of headsets distributed at each campus/service each Sunday). These metrics are established and agreed with the SSD.4. HISPANIC COMMUNITY SUPPORT
The STA works through the STCL on each campus to provide care for the Spanish speaking community by responding to questions or concerns, and getting appropriate support from the other staff to meet their needs.5. TRAINING
Liquid Leadership training – Complete Discipleship, Leadership and Management Courses the first 3 years.B. REQUIREMENTS
- Administratively gifted (King), Relationally gifted (Priest)
- Understands and supports the vision/mission of Liquid Church
- Leadership Skills - recruiting & motivating volunteer teams to “make church happen.”
- Personal Character - needs to be a person with a high level of integrity and personal character
- Team Player - ability to work collaboratively with the Liquid Church staff on a daily basis
JOB : CONTROLLER
Under the direction of the Business Director, the Controller (C) is responsible to assist Liquid Church in carrying out its mission by safeguarding assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits and controls to achieve its goals. The Controller also provides key leadership for the Finance team.
The Controller will take a leadership role in the following areas:
Finance System: The Controller has Leadership of the accurate and timely recording of all transactions. This would include oversight of full accounting system including; gift receipt recording and accounting, payables and payment processing, banking, payroll, and general ledger. Oversight of this system includes financial reporting, monitoring budget results, leading annual audit, cash & accounting controls and documentation and reporting of the system and managing the operations of the Finance Team.
Financial Reporting and Influence: The Controller is responsible for developing, improving and issuing timely monthly financial reports for the Business Director and Executive Pastor; and interface with outside audit firm, banks, insurance agent(s) and credit card companies.
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience of 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- CPA or CMA preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month end/year end close process.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
The Controller is responsible for all accounting activities of Liquid. The Controller should be a high capacity leader with clearly recognized gifts in the following areas:
- Organization – ability to handle multiple responsibilities at once; manage information; and develop ongoing systems.
- Project Management – ability to see through major projects and meet weekly deadlines.
- Relational Ability – a “people” person who works well with Staff and volunteers of varying personality types is an absolute must. Being able to positively interact with multiple types of people in a variety of settings will be a key ingredient of success.
- Excellence – maintain a high level of excellence and quality in personal interactions with Staff and Volunteers.
Job Posting - IT Support Specialist
We’re looking for an Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist to work under the IT Director. The IT Support Specialist’s role will ensure that end user / network systems are operating in a way that enhances the effectiveness of all staff and volunteers.
In this position you will...
- Provide day-to-day end user support for systems and software (Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone) including the installation and configuration of new systems (including telecommunications).
- Assist in supporting the network and telecommunications infrastructure, including the configuration and installation of new assets.
- Assist in the development and ongoing maintenance of Liquid’s web presence.
- Assist in ensuring all assets are properly inventoried and centrally managed.
- Assist in data-driven research of technology solutions.
The ideal person is...
- Interested in learning and working with IT across disciplines.
- A self-starter who can learn on their own or on-the-fly when necessary but isn’t afraid to ask for help either.
- A believer in documenting processes and best practices.
- Able to provide friendly and timely support to end users.
- A person of integrity and personal character.
- Dependable, has a can-do attitude and willing to do “whatever it takes” to get the job done.
- A Team Player and has the ability to work collaboratively with the Liquid Church staff on a daily basis.
Experience working with Windows and Mac workstations, Android/iOS smartphones/tablets, common software (Office, Chrome), and printers/scanners. Experience with servers, network switches, wireless, and network cabling.